These are the blocks I had already sewn and when I put them together again, I thought all the 2" triangles were making the top look rather busy.
The project originally came from the Purl bee blog which was inspired by an antique quilt shown here.
I thought what if I did blocks with less smaller triangles , it might open up some more negative space so I downloaded a page of graph paper and did some colouring in to give me a starting point.
I ended up ditching the drawing and just played around with the configuration of each 12" block.
I'm happier with the blocks now that I've combined them all together and this is where I'm presently at.
For some reason the orange triangles are photographing much brighter than what they are but it is a grey day here and hard to get the light right. I think I can only last as long as it takes to do a single sized quilt. I've tried to sew a block a day so it doesn't end up being put aside again, so far that plan is working out fine.
Thanks for visiting, Janet