I decided to keep nibbling away at the fifteen year project I showed back in September and this was the last block to be trimmed to size. I haven't been a happy camper about the red buds and almost decided to take them off and replace them with a couple of embroidered bullion knots. My motto is to give anything a try and not be so defeatist but really it's the perfectionist, tenacious part of my personality that takes over and I don't say that with pride. It can be a curse.
I would say that my applique has improved since stitching these so I thought I would have another go and leave the bullion stitches for plan B. This is the smallest bud with about an 1/8" seam allowance and I used Floriani Stitch N Wash which was fused to the back of the fabric as a template to be left in.
From that point, I needle turned the seam and the Floriani gave me an edge to do that. If there was a little peak, I would scoot back over to it and do an extra stitch to roll it under.