By my DH's reckoning, there's over a thousand leaves to be put on the four borders of the Stars and sprigs quilt. Believe me, I wasn't going to count. The journey of a thousand leaves is started by stitching the first one. I don't get concerned about how many or how long it's going to take at all.
Step by step I sewed leaves on and it took twelve evenings to stitch. I didn't do any applique during the day and used that time to do the prep.
I haven't finished the main body of the top, I have three rows to do but I thought if I joined what I had, it was enough to give me the measurement to trim the border. I like to sew my blocks in units rather than long row after long row so I made nine patch units from the blocks and joined them that way.
I couldn't believe that my measurement was exactly the same as the pattern, that hardly ever happens to me.
It's all going together very well and I couldn't be more thrilled. If you'd like to see the whole of what I have together do far, visit Glorious Applique, a new blog that Pam has set up.
Glorious Applique is a group blog for those who are stitching any of Kim McLean's patterns. Give Pam a shout if you'd like to join in the fun.
Now I need to keep going so I can get onto the next one on the list.